Senior Purchasing Agent
Reports To: Supervisor, Purchasing Supervises: No
About DPT Laboratories
DPT Laboratories, a DFB company, is a privately-held, fast-growing, highly successful contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). We provide companies the best solutions to their sterile and non-sterile pharmaceutical development and manufacturing needs through innovation, technology and service. Specializing in semi-solid and liquid dosage forms, DPT has a reputation for quality, unmatched technical expertise, extensive manufacturing capabilities and an exemplary regulatory compliance record. With five cGMP facilities in San Antonio, TX and Lakewood, N.J., DPT offers full service outsourcing solutions including pharmaceutical development, site transfers, state-of-the-art pharmaceutical manufacturing, packaging and worldwide distribution services. For more information visit www.DPTLabs.com.
Responsible and accountable for developing, implementing and managing procurement plans and strategies that support DFB business objectives and professional ethical business practices.
1. Source, negotiate, implement and manage an approved supplier base that meets DFBŐs ongoing Quality, Total Cost and Service requirements which are Regulatory compliant, in relation to MRO purchases.
2. Provide direct ordering and/or oversight of MRO spending.
3. Research, develop, document, implement and report results of cost reduction/cost avoidance projects versus commitments.
4. Research and maintain an ongoing, up-to-date knowledge of applicable global marketplace and best practices.
5. Participate on internal Project/Objective teams and meet with other departments as required to accomplish corporate objectives.
6. Select vendors, assess vendor capabilities, negotiate price and delivery and contract terms.
7. Demonstrate good and safe work habits and enforces a clean working environment. Demonstrate an understanding of chemical materials as it pertains to safety.
8. Within area of responsibility, understand and comply with all DFB safety, environmental and quality practices and procedures as outlined in organizational/departmental guidelines and SOPs as well as applicable federal, state and local regulations.
9. Perform other responsibilities and duties as required.
1. BachelorŐs degree from a four-year college or university is required.
2. Minimum 6 – 9 years of related experience to include Logistics and/or purchasing background is required.
3. MRO experience in a manufacturing industry experience is a plus
4. APICS certification a plus.
EEO DPT is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, citizenship, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, sex (which includes sexual harassment, gender harassment and harassment based on, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions) or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above.