Responsible for overseeing the physical handling of wine and spirits and managing warehouse and delivery driver staff in 15,000 SF wholesale distribution center near Bergstrom Airport in Austin, Texas.
1. Maintain accurate inventory balances with respect to identification, location and quantity of all items within the warehouse and storage areas. Ensure timely and accurate entry of data into the Pioneer enterprise system.
2. Support daily sales deliveries with timely and accurate inventory pulls as scheduled.
3. Accurately receive all stock items within 24 hours of arrival on the receiving dock.
4. Plan, organize and control all warehouse activities & assign staff duties with emphasis on safety and health of warehouse personnel and security of warehouse contents and equipment.
5. Plan, organize and where possible improve warehouse layout and space management. Maintain housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area.
6. Plan delivery routes within defined territory
7. Manage small fleet of delivery vehicles including maintenance and repair
8. Manage and train all warehouse personnel
9. Be responsive, flexible and able to improvise when encountering unexpected changes in routine driven by sudden account sales demand.
10. Ensure that the warehouse and delivery personnel operate "in harmony" with other departments, customers and suppliers. Ensure that all warehouse and delivery staff portray a positive and professional image to each of these entities.
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
1. Wine/beverage distribution knowledge and/or experience is preferred.
2. Have in-depth knowledge of current industry warehouse systems and practices normally acquired with 5-7 years warehouse/inventory management experience. Knowledge of non-mechanized warehouse procedures an advantage.
3. Experience managing staff of warehouse personnel and delivery drivers
4. Have desktop PC experience with warehouse management computer systems and MS Office (Excel, Outlook).
5. Have basic knowledge of cycle counting and other inventory control techniques. Formal education and/or training on inventory control procedures desirable.
6. Ability to operate powered material handling equipment.
7. Ability to analyze various types of inventory reports.
8. Ability to communicate with confidence and build respect.
9. Ability to, on occasion and as needed, repeatedly lift cases of wine weighing up to 33 lbs.
10. Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license. Must be able to obtain and maintain auto liability insurance in accordance with State laws.
Pioneer’s work environment is fast-paced and sometimes can be chaotic when the unexpected happens. The company has a small, dedicated and vocally energetic staff that gets along together very well. Attire is casual and hours are fixed around the core time of 8 am to 6 pm. The ideal candidate is one who is open, friendly, disciplined, and adaptable to working with the warehouse team to handle quickly shifting priorities.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested and include “Warehouse Manager” in the subject line.