Want to work for one of the leading companies that continuously explore new ways to improve in order to offer innovative products and solutions to its customers? We have an immediate need for a Production Planner to join our team in San Marcos. Pay is $40-60k
· Plans, prepares, orders, issues and controls production schedules, tooling and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of materials to meet production requirements.
· Provides detailed schedules for production equipment within the framework of an established master schedule.
· Monitors work backlogs and sequences orders to meet promised dates and optimize production.
· Advises management of the status of work in progress identifies critical path problems and makes recommendations for corrective actions. Monitor’s stock and control flow of inventory, including disposal of residual or obsolete materials.
· Assigns priorities to obtain timely action and to minimize productions delays due to design changes, tool problems, machine malfunctions or defective materials.
· Communicates changes and inventory issues with manufacturing, quality, purchasing, and customer service.
· Schedules to minimize waste, optimize efficiencies, and utilize capacities.
· Revises schedules to accommodate rush orders, rework, and breakdown.
· Requisitions materials and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to jobs order priorities and materials availability.
· Responsible for the analysis of sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
· Responsible for the management of inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules.
· Confirms and tracks project costs, including material costs, labor, and man-hours, and apply to project schedule.
· Identifies and analyzes project variances and prepare variances notices.
· Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records such as materials inventory, in process production reports, and status of materials.
· Confers with department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes in processing methods received from methods or engineering departments.
· Process, expedite requests, and delivery inquiries from Marketing. Audit and correct inventory errors.
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience/education background.
· APICS certification and experience with ISO9001:2000 Quality Management System very highly desired.
· 3+ yrs. planning experience in a fast paced, high mix –low volume manufacturing operation.
· Base knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
· Excellent PC skills including high skill level for Microsoft Office especially Excel. Ability to learn new software and MRPs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and in a very fasted paced environment undergoing significant growth and change
© 2013iChapter Demo
Powered by the iChapter reservation management system.
APICS Society official template design. Installed and Supported by Web Merchant Services™
Online Payment Processing provided by Web Merchant Services™